Southeast Kansas Tourism Region (SEKTR) is a 501c6 cooperative of area attractions, chambers, visitor bureaus, and others working together to promote our corner of the state as a destination for travelers and event planners.
About SEKTR Membership
The purpose of SEKTR shall be to assure a continuing healthy economy within the State of Kansas by promoting the expansion of the tourism industry, the attraction of additional tourism expenditures to the state, and to improve tourism quality through educational programs to enhance the competence of those engaged in tourism promotion. It shall further be the purpose of this organization to take such other lawful action as may be necessary or desirable for the attainment of the purposes above stated.
Be A Member
|Tier||Annual Fee||DIRECT Benefits||2023 Members|
|1||$75||TourKS membership paid for ($50)|
|2||$200||TourKS membership paid for ($50); |
Receive one case of Southeast Kansas Day Trip guides ($110)
|3||$600||TourKS membership paid for ($50); |
Receive two cases of Southeast Kansas Day Trip guides ($110)
- Promotional materials distributed by other members throughout the region.
- Promotional materials distributed at shows that attract explorers, including the Kansas City Boat & Sport Show, the Wichita Women’s Fair, Pittsburg’s Four State Farm Show, and the Travel Industry Association of Kansas’s Destination Statehouse.
- Represent your area at the shows listed above at a reduced rate.
- Included in the Southeast Kansas Adventures & Day Trip guide, which is distributed throughout Kansas, the Four State region, and delivered by request across the globe.
- Receive one case of Southeast Kansas Adventures & Day Trip guides, and may purchase additional cases.
- Promoted on DiscoverSoutheastKansas.com, Facebook.com/DiscoverSoutheastKansas, and in a seasonal email.
- Collaboration and representation on legislative tourism issues.
- Networking opportunities with other tourism professionals.
- Professional tourism development opportunities.
Upcoming dates to be aware of
- Second Wednesday of every month – Kansas Tourism Industry Virtual Meetings
- February 8, 2023 – Destination Statehouse in Topeka by Travel Industry Association of Kansas
- October 16-18, 2023 – Kansas Tourism Conference in Dodge City by Kansas Tourism and Travel Industry Association of Kansas
SEKTR Member Meetings are used for planning, brainstorming, decision making, problem solving, check-ins, and to learn about the host community. These rotate throughout the region and are held every other month, usually the 3rd Thursday of the month. Meetings start at 10 a.m. CST, unless noted otherwise. Occasionally, the date is moved to coincide with an event at the host community.
|2023||November 16||Iola (tentative)||Annual Meeting|
|2023||July 20||Lacygne: Blue Dog Wine Co.|
|2023||May 18||Coffeyville: TBD|
|2023||March 16 (likely changing due to Spring Break)||Humboldt: TBD|
|2023||January 19||Pittsburg: Kansas Crossing Casino|
|2022||March||Chanute||Kansas Media Event. FAM Tour. SEKTR rack card redesign.|
|2022||January||Parsons||Golf Passport approved. Regional Personality Assessment for Kansas Tourism.|
|2021||May||Pittsburg||DOCX||Purchase full page ad in 2022 Kansas Travel Guide with participants sharing most of cost.|
|2021||March||Virtual||DOCX||SEKTR continue to pay for TourKS memberships.|
|2021||January||Virtual||SEK Living SEeK Box.|
|2020||November||Chanute||DOCX||Two-page ad for SEK Museum Alliance Passport.|
|2020||July||Baxter Springs||DOCX||Purchase 1/2 page ad in 2021 Kansas Travel Guide.|
|2020||January||Pittsburg||DOCX||SEKTR pays for KC Boat Show booth, which was “successful”. Paid for Women’s Fair booth. Sponsor for Destination Statehouse.|
|2019||November||Fort Scott||2020 Trade Shows. SEK Museum Alliance Passport.|
|2019||September||Erie||DOCX||State Fair results “satisfactory”.|
Start email newsletter.
|2019||May||Fredonia||DOCX||TourKansas tour a success & future participation suggested.|
|2019||March||Parsons||DOCX||Voted to return to State Fair.|
|2018||November||Fort Scott||DOCX||Facebook page name to be same as website.|
Ordered 15,000 rack cards.
Backdrop to be designed.
|2018||September||Pittsburg||DOCX||Provide publisher a case of SEK guides.|