Southeast Kansas Tourism Region (SEKTR) is a 501c6 cooperative of area attractions, chambers, visitor bureaus, and others working together to promote our corner of the state as a destination for travelers and event planners.
The purpose of SEKTR shall be to assure a continuing healthy economy within the State of Kansas by promoting the expansion of the tourism industry, the attraction of additional tourism expenditures to the state, and to improve tourism quality through educational programs to enhance the competence of those engaged in tourism promotion. It shall further be the purpose of this organization to take such other lawful action as may be necessary or desirable for the attainment of the purposes above stated.
- Promotional materials distributed by other members throughout the region.
- Promotional materials distributed at shows that attract explorers, including the Kansas City Boat & Sport Show, the Wichita Women’s Fair, Pittsburg’s Four State Farm Show, and the Travel Industry Association of Kansas’s Destination Statehouse.
- Represent your area at the shows listed above at a reduced rate.
- Included in the Southeast Kansas Adventures & Day Trip guide, which is distributed throughout Kansas, the Four State region, and delivered by request across the globe.
- Receive one case of Southeast Kansas Adventures & Day Trip guides, and may purchase additional cases.
- Promoted on DiscoverSoutheastKansas.com, Facebook.com/DiscoverSoutheastKansas, and in a seasonal email.
- Collaboration and representation on legislative tourism issues.
- Networking opportunities with other tourism professionals.
- Professional tourism development opportunities.